Wednesday 27 April 2016

2015-08-22: This Might Go Wrong

I like Diner Breakfasts. This is no secret.
I like Proven Truths. This is no secret.
I can be slightly obsessive exhaustive in my research. I don't think that is a secret.
Breakfast And Shiny Things!
The combination of the three traits has meant I want to try all the different breakfasts at the local diner. Maybe I don't actually like "Diners Breakfasts" and just like one specific item from one specific Diner! that would be an embarrassing generalisation to have made!
Taylors Ham, Waffles, Eggs, Pancakes! Spare butter in a little cup (they let you have more if you want)
Of course this means I might just have a small issue when I return to training hard. Fortunately my scales are playing up and no longer measure fat percentages. I can just pretend the numbers are okay while I research the next scales to buy (who am I kidding I already know which scales I will buy - they have to be the same brand so it doesn't skew the data I have already collected).
If my body is going to go to hell during this part of our sojourn I should improve my mind. Reading improves the mind.
Reading things using other languages that don't make sense does not improve the mind.
We are kind of anti Physical Stuff nowadays (too lazy to carry too much stuff). I have always been anti New Fangled Reading Boxes of Magic
I only mention the kindle because I like the colours in the photo.
The ability to have personality improving stuff in huge quantities in a small light device over rode my inherent love of How Things Have Always Been. I bought a kindle.

Sign Review: 'Merica Loves Neon

In Japan there is a metric buttload of stuff that was cool in the eighties and they have stuck with. Like fax machines. You can easily buy a new fax machine in Japan. It will be a real fax machine, not a modem pretending to be one or something. It will be shiny and new. Some aren't even eighties office equipment beige!
Regal should swap out parts with the other sign and have at least one work...
I don't know if you can even buy a modem pretending to be a fax machine in Australia anymore.
The 'Merica comparison would be neon I think.
It is a pretty crappy product compared to modern alternatives.
Old Stone Mery was a Lord of the Rings character I think. Probably he was as polite as a Canadian that can keep his lights working.
I used to manage a bar which had neon black lights everywhere. I learned a lot about changing neon tubes in that job. And they were just straight tubes. I can't stand to think of the logistics involved in maintaining spares of custom bent tubes. Or how hard replacing them would be. The ballast always rots out and you are stuck contemplating twisting it out with a knife - which, I am told, is stupid.
Dallas, Baseball? I think they might be Yank'ing my chain. Smoked BBQ chicken I am down with. Probably to an excessive degree.
I think 'Merica needs to have a bit of a think about this.
Or maybe having them broken is nostalgic.
Broken Lights and a film which really drew the moral of "nostalgia being made reality"
'Merica does have a certain flavour of nostalgic that Senor Trump seems to be taking advantage of.
They definitely need to have a bit of a think about that.

Rating: 6/10 (-2 if Trump gets elected and they don't fix the lights)

Plus Shiny
'Merica does have some cool people. Coolest car badge ever. We followed it for a bit but the world didn't need saving so it just stayed a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment