Tuesday 26 April 2016

2015-08-20: Escape to New York

I enjoyed the Escape from NY/LA movies when I was young. I wonder if I still do? Being in the country and a cowboy we don't have all our technology which would allow me to check.
We shall go back to civilisation and see if my memory is correct regarding Kurt Russell in dystopic sci fi flics.

Plus it started raining
My memory tells me that a fair amount of Joseph Hellers latter work was set in the New York Port Authority Bus Terminal. He depicted it as a post apocalyptic hellscape. The bus from the ranch terminates in the terminal. Just like when Kurt flew into NY!
Logo looks too Clean Corporate lines for me to get my hopes up

The stench of urine didn't exist and if anything the craziest looking person was probably me. Plus I think the Sao Paolo bus terminal is the biggest something in the something anyway so it isn't even a checklist item. I guess if Joseph Heller was there or there was a train with nukes on it or something it would have been interesting but he died a while back.
I "forgot" my razor in my secret desire to be a real cowboy

So went and ate burgers and ribs and other things that would have been great at the ranch.
I know burgers would be hard out on the range. Even though range is american for stovetop.
Mashed potato is great but it means you have to milk the cows then make butter when out cowboying. That is a lot of work, save it as a treat when you get back to the whores and piano players.
If I was a cowboy I would take a deep fryer in my chuckwagon so we could have deep fried pickles. I should get a chuckwagon!
Oh and my memory is crap, Big Trouble in Little China is way better than the Escape from NY/LA movies.
I think this is a place operated by Spanish people that got a French guy as their boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment