Thursday 10 December 2015

2015-08-04: Pizza!

New York is home of the $1 pizza slice. We have tried a few in varying states of sobriety. They range from greasy cardboard things to Food of the Gods. I haven't done the math yet but I would expect there to be a correlation betwixt beer consumed and pizza's proximity to Mt Olympus.
Probably not his real name
Most of the good ones have been a simple pepperoni and cheese pizza which is pretty much my favourite anyway. Ewa however has the Polish love of the garbage pizza. The more stuff you can cram on top of the poor thing the better in her (wrong and broken) opinion.
I dislike the rolled pizza personally.
At least they don't offer mayonnaise on the pizzas here like in Poland. One of the other sad things about the Polish Princesses upbringing is a lack of advertising. She never developed strong resistance to it.
This is Ewa pretending to like what she considers a piece of bread with no real flavour. She is not a very good actor yet.
And there have been a lot of ads on tele for pizza's with various things stuffed into the crust. So tonight we had Pizza Hut. I will claim that I resisted but the whole "delivery" aspect was so tempting I was weak.
She stole my shirt. I assume this is for looking cute purposes and not a cynical ploy to avoid dropping ranch dressing on her own shirts
In future I will maintain my strength (and dignity) and avoid calls for this monstrosity. A pizza just doesn't need a hotdog in the crust. And providing a thingy of ranch dressing is striding perilously close to the Japanese / Polish idea of mayonnaise on a pizza.
The one in the background was kind of almost like street pizz, the front thing is an abomination...

Pizza Hut, a subsidiary of YUM! brands - who, for full disclosure, I used to do some work for - is the biggest pizza franchise in the world. Ewa and I have discussed this as it perplexes me. I understand places, like my home town growing up, that don't have pizza delivery can rely on pizza hut but as soon as either the good local places starts delivering or one of the other chains comes in I don't see how they survive. Ewa believes that Pizza Hut is just too strong a brand name and embedded in our psyche the same way McDonalds is.
I am worried people actually like the domino's and pizza hut product.

Stay strong New York, run these rat bastards out of town if you have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment