Wednesday 9 December 2015

2015-08-02: Like a tiny sweaty Springsteen I am

Sitting on the stoop drinking beer while teenagers walked by yelling stuff in slang that was relatively incomprehensible to me made me want to do more local stuff.
New York is the Home of the Bike Thief apparently. Maybe the bike shop guy was right with his lock recommendations...
New Jersey is the Home Of The Hard Working Man. Look at Springsteen. He either had an awful bloody contract or he just kept working because he loves working.
Springsteen would just write a song about it. We are going to make it pretty.
I would use the same argument regarding Jon Stewart but he quit working. Probably the money offered to do other stuff was so huge he figured he wasn't willing to do that much work.
Everyone values their work by a personal standard and changes are interpreted personally, not sensibly. Certainly I have little intention of working hard.
Well he will make it pretty, I will just smash stuff and put it in piles
Working hard, to me, means getting paid. I take Samuel L Clemens advice to heart. To paraphrase "The job best for you is stuff you want to do, A job that sucks is someone else's job".
I imagine Mark Twain was in a place like this when he penned his Concerning Chambermaids
The stuff I do which pays for our bread and wine is just silly stuff I like doing. The stuff my Dad likes doing is physically tough and mentally demanding, I wouldn't do it if you paid me.

I will do it for free though, that way it is just taking part in the local stuff.
Captain safety wears glasses! And makes tidy piles!
When I worked with my Dad (a hilarious period where my colour blind nature made my Fathers interior decorator soul die just a little) he often took pity on me and would take me on trips to buy stuff as a break from the monotony of painting a grey wall grey (I am not actually that colour blind but it makes it sound like my dreams were crushed as a child and can therefore blame many of my shortcomings on it).
The shops are closed at night. Surely that is when people need lights the most...
My new foreman, Ellory, decided we could go on a car ride. I beat back the temptation to hang my head out the window like a tradesman's dog on a ride to buy lights.
Ohhhh now THAT is tacky! Couldn't talk him into getting it.
New York has a Lights District. Makes me wonder if they have a Hammock District. I wouldn't even care if they made it after the Simpsons joke.
Polish Feast with extra steak
After wreaking destruction on harmless boards we had a dinner party with the naginata people. This was the clever way of getting me protein for my hammer wielding muscles.
I could put the split peas with the lentils making space for the barley.
I made soup with left over sheep leg. US grocery stores do not put the barley in a place where you would expect it. I thought that grocery store layout was a science that had been solved, I occasionally enjoy going through supermarkets looking at what parts of the science they have messed up. Barley not being in any of the places it should have been upset me and I was tempted to move it all to the correct location. Maybe Americans use barley for something we don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment